- The company today has over 1.2 billion users, and is relied upon as the main means of messaging for many people, particularly in emerging markets like India.
- The outage was first reported by Reuters, which noted that “whatsappdown” was a trending item on Twitter in countries like India, the app’s biggest market with around 200 million of WhatsApp’s over one billion users.
- WhatsApp today released a brief statement, confirming the outage’s global scale after the situation was resolved.
- “Earlier today, WhatsApp users globally had trouble accessing the app for about an hour.
- WhatsApp’s hour-long outage today was global in scale, likely caused by software bug – TechCrunch
- Southwest Airlines’ Digital Transformation Takes Off – Fast Company
- Record year for grass fires in Kansas, local communities reel – The Garden City Telegram
- Outages cost far more than dollars and cents – The Australian
- Discovering Old Delhi through a woman’s lens – Hindustan Times