- It seems there’s nothing but bad news out there lately, but here’s some good news — the nonprofit Evolve Foundation has raised $100 million for a new fund called the Conscious Accelerator to combat loneliness, purposelessness, fear and anger spreading throughout the world though technology.
- Co-founder of Matrix Partners China Bo Shao will lead the fund and will be looking for entrepreneurs focusing on tech that can help people become more present and aware.
- “I know a lot of very wealthy people and many are very anxious or depressed,” he told TechCrunch.
- “It becomes this anxiety-inducing activity where I have to think about what’s the next post I should write to get most people to like me and comment and forward,” he said.
- Evolve Foundation launches a $100 million fund to find startups working to relieve human suffering – TechCrunch
- Centers of Technology: The Future Is Now – Business Facilities Magazine
- Michael Dell Plans to Raise $100 Million for Harvey Relief and He Is Donating the First $36 Million – Inc.com
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 19/10 – VietNamNet Bridge
- South Florida Startup Ecosystem Continues Pattern of Growth and Investment – Government Technology