- Augmented reality is one of the tech buzzwords of the day, but how many of the current use cases are anything more than gimmicky?
- Here’s one: Amazon on Wednesday unveiled an augmented reality feature in its iOS shopping app that shows customers a 3-D rendering of how a given product will look in their home or workspace before they order it.
- Called AR View, the feature is activated by clicking on the camera icon in the Amazon app and selecting from thousands of products across categories like furniture, kitchen ware and home decor.
- Amazon Is Already Offering Black Friday Deals – Fortune
- Online giant pushes up ‘Black Friday’ deals — to Nov. 1 – Chain Store Age
- Study: Online shoppers want a personalized experience – Chain Store Age
- Report: Scammers posing as Uber drivers at Sea-Tac, other airports – KOMO News
- Ecommerce Product Releases: November 1, 2017 – Practical Ecommerce
- Clothing retailers offer new tech tools to help shoppers find right fit – Omaha World-Herald